Are You Ready?
The Nonprofit Leadership and Effectiveness team at the Greater New Orleans Foundation will offer readiness workshops in the beginning of 2023 to help you determine if one of The Challenges is right for your organization. Attending to the readiness workshop is required to apply for The Challenges.
Organizations will have an opportunity to complete an endowment readiness checklist during the workshop. Information will be presented on benefits and risks associated with an endowment. In addition, information will be presented on the advantages of board-restricted cash reserve for organizations not ready for an endowment. This workshop is designed for executive directors, fund development staff and board members, and organizational teams are encouraged.
- Increase participants understanding of an endowment and its purpose
- Increase participants understanding of a board-restricted cash reserve and its purpose
- Determine if your organization is ready for either of the challenges
- Provide best practices on fundraising for an endowment or board-restricted cash reserve
Freeman Challenges Materials
Freeman Challenges Readiness Checklist (PDF)
Freeman Challenges Reserve Policy Sample (PDF)
Freeman Challenges Endowment Resolution and Policy Sample (PDF)
Freeman Challenges Guidelines (PDF)
Workshop Dates and Times
The 2023 workshops dates and times are the following:
- Tuesday, January 24th from 9:00-12:00 pm, in-person, at the Greater New Orleans Foundation
- Wednesday, January 25th from 1:00-4:00 pm, in-person, at the Greater New Orleans Foundation
- Wednesday, February 1st from 10:00-12:00 pm, virtually on Zoom
For the in-person workshops, the Greater New Orleans Foundation is located at 919 St. Charles Ave. New Orleans, LA 70130 and parking will be provided.
The workshop is free, but registration is required. Click here to register for your preferred date and time. Contact Kristen Craig at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or need additional information.