Registration for these workshops is now closed.
Join the Greater New Orleans Foundation’s special Governance and Fundraising Week and learn strategies for success from governance and fundraising expert Simone Joyaux.
Simone P. Joyaux, ACFRE is described as “one of the most thoughtful, inspirational, and provocative leaders in the philanthropic sector.” A consultant specializing in fund development, board development and strategic planning, Simone guides organizations and professionals through consulting and coaching, teaching and writing. She speaks worldwide and teaches in the philanthropy graduate program at Saint Mary’s University, MN. Her books, Keep Your Donors and Strategic Fund Development, are standards. Her newest, Firing Lousy Board Members, receives rave reviews. http://www.simonejoyaux.com/
Register now for this valuable governance and fundraising clinic designed for a team from your organization
Mandatory team: Executive Director + Chief Development Officer (if you have one) + up to 4 board members (Chair, Fundraising Committee, etc.). Maximum team size is 6.
Choose from 4 dates and space is limited!:
Wednesday, September 10, 8:00 am to Noon Wednesday, September 10, 1:00 pm to 5:00 pm Thursday, September 11, 4:00 pm to 8:00 pm Friday, September 12, 8:00 am to Noon
Only $250 registration fee for your entire team. Registration is on a first come, first serve basis. Please be aware that while substitutions can be made for team members who cannot attend up until the day of the workshop, no refunds will be issued for cancellations.
Here’s just some of what you’ll learn in this clinic
- Understand and recognize who does what and why: Defining roles and expectations in fundraising for staff, the board, the fundraising committee, and individual board members
- Tactics for removing barriers to board member engagement
- Overcome the fear factor in fundraising: Fighting wrong-headed myths like “ask your friends for money!”
- Understand why being donor centered matters: What is your Donor-Centric Quotient?
- Tips for building a comprehensive relationship-building program that includes donor-centered communications and extraordinary donor experiences
- How to ask for the gift-of course you have to ask! But what’s the best way to ask? Learn how your board and staff can make the solicitation an extraordinary experience for your donors.
- Strategies to segment your donors and prospects
Hosted by the Greater New Orleans Foundation
In partnership with the Marguerite Casey Foundation, the Association of Fundraising Professionals – Greater New Orleans Chapter, Baptist Community Ministries, the Institute of Mental Hygiene, the Jewish Endowment Foundation of Louisiana, Partnership for Philanthropic Planning, the Junior League of New Orleans, Jones Walker, and the Cricket Island Foundation.