CompassPoint’s Steve Lew hosted a full-day workshop guiding nonprofit leaders through donor development, assessing and diversifying income, and provided a practical framework for annual campaign planning.
After the workshop, participants:
- Understand and apply a working definition of income diversification to their current income mix.
- Conduct an assets inventory to understand what new income opportunities to pursue, or not to pursue.
- Understand the use of case statements and how to prepare one.
- Understand the donor development cycle and what activities they need to move prospective donors through the cycle on an annual basis.
- The role of a fundraising team in creating the plan.
- Setting realistic development goals.
- Creating the development plan and calendar.
Resources from Creating an Effective Fundraising Plan:
- Create an Effective Fundraising Plan Manual (.pdf)
- Setting Fundraising Goals in an Annual Budget (.pdf)
- The Ten Most Important Things You Can Know About Fundraising (.pdf)